This course aims to give you all the skills you need to be able to offer tummy time classes and sessions to groups of parents and their babies. This complete online tummy time training course is designed for individuals who do not have the time to travel or spend a whole day away from home.
Train as a tummy time instructor
Learn how to teach tummy time sessions with our NEW tummy time instructor course either fully online with our distance learning option or across the in-house for your group. across the UK.
Tummy time instructor training prices
Distance learning option until August 1st 2020: £109pp (usual price £149pp)
In-house courses start at £80pp (dependant on numbers)
We also offer a range of other learning options such as in-house instructor courses for children's centres and charities, distance learning as well as options to suit your specific needs.
Our aim is to train you to be able to deliver a really flexible way of teaching tummy time sessions either face to face or virtually. We train you in our 3 week course structure for groups and individuals as well as our stand alone tummy time workshops. We also offer a bonus module on running sessions successfully over online platforms such as Zoom.
We really want you to be able to teach tummy time in the way your clients and customers need you to.
We have trained people over 2500 infant massage and baby yoga instructors and our tummy time instructor course is a great additional service to offer.
What is the aim of the tummy time instructor course?
The tummy time instructor training course is designed to provide practitioners with the knowledge and teaching ability to safely and effectively deliver tummy time sessions and courses to parents and babies within a variety of individual and group settings both face to face and virtually. This will also include being able to deliver online sessions to parents and babies.
What age of babies are the sessions suitable for?
Tummy time can be used from birth and on into the Early Years. We find that most parents attend classes with their babies from around 3 weeks weeks old up until the babies are rolling (around 5 months). Although the techniques can be used from birth as well as with older babies and toddlers, the above is usually typical of a tummy time class or session.
Who can train as a tummy time instructor?
You will need to be experienced in just one of the following:
- Qualified childcare practitioner such as a nursery nurse (Level 3 or above)
- Infant massage instructor
- Baby yoga instructor
- Health care worker (nurses, health visitors and midwives)
The course assumes that participants will have previous knowledge in child development and teaching groups as well as your own insurance or the ability to obtain it.
What can I expect to learn?
- Principles, history and benefits of tummy time
- Preparing for tummy time classes
- Safety aspects and explanations
- Infant development in relation to tummy time
- Health considerations for tummy time classes
- Tummy time techniques and movements
- Baby yoga and infant massage to support tummy time
- Tummy time sessions with groups and with individuals
- How to plan and run a 3 week tummy time course for parents
- How to plan and run a tummy time workshop for parents
- How to plan and run tummy time courses both face to face and virtually online
How is it taught?
Distance /online learning:
This popular option is fully accredited. There are 3 core modules to complete (if you have not in infant massage or baby yoga before) plus 6 specialist tummy time modules. There are assessments after each module with question and answer papers, quizzes, videos and plans to submit as well as an optional video call session with you course tutor.
This is our popular and highly accredited blended learning course. There are 3 online theoretical modules to complete in advance of the one super practical face to face day. Please let us know if you would like us to come and train your group.
Do I need to complete case studies with real parents and babies?
No, not on our tummy time instructor course as this is usually for qualified childcarers, infant massage and baby yoga instructors and assumes experience of delivering sessions to groups.
What will I receive at the end of the course?
You will receive a Tummy Time Instructor Certificate and also our Qualified Tummy Time Instructor logo to offer confidence to parents in your training.
Please note this is not a 'hands on' qualification and will qualify you to teach parents with their babies. You will not be qualified to work on babies yourself.
This course is also externally CPD (Continuing Professional Development) accredited by the Complementary Therapists Association - CThA and this is stated on your qualification certificate upon completion. We recommend Westminster Indemnity
Do I need any equipment?
You will need a doll (preferably soft-bodied), a towel and props to use in the sessions.
What else is included?
- All tuition will be led by Julie Cleasby, who is an experienced infant massage and baby yoga instructor, registered paediatric nurse and health visitor or one of her experienced team.
- Our team of trainers have backgrounds in midwifery, health visiting, child development, teaching, massage and physiotherapy bringing a wide variety of skills and experience. They have all also previously trained with To Baby and Beyond themselves.
- Access to bi-monthly webinars with Founder Julie Cleasby on a range of topics including massage and yoga updates and also business set up.
- You will receive downloadable handouts to support your learning.
- You will also receive an electronic resource folder containing handouts for your courses, video demonstrations and assessment sheets.
- Assessment fees.
- Ongoing support throughout your post-course self-directed study.
- Access to links with fellow instructors and trainees as well as access to an online forum just for instructors.
- Access to our monthly newsletter.
- Opportunities for discounts on further courses.
- Access to further study and CPD review days.