If you are a teacher or school support staff and are responsible for the care and well-being of school age children then learning school first aid should be at the forefront of your thinking
Our one day (6 hour) First Aid for Schools course is aimed at teachers and support staff. They are run in Brighton and Hove, Worthing, across Sussex, Surrey, London, Kent and Hampshire and are tailored to meet the needs of school staff and education support workers in schools.
What’s covered in our First Aid for Schools course?
- First aid kit - what they need to contain and why
- Action planning
- The primary survey
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty and the recovery position
- Resuscitation - child and adult
- Anaphylaxis and use of an auto-injector
- Head injuries
- Sprains, strains and fractures
What will I get from the course?
After a successful assessment has been made by the instructors, a First Aid for Schools certificate is issued by To Baby and Beyond which is valid for 3 years.
In-house training tailored to you
We offer our first aid for schools and teachers course at your venue or workplace, for up to 16 people. Please contact us for a detailed quote. We can also provide a venue in some locations if need be. Please ask us for details.
Courses are facilitated by experienced nurses, health visitors, ambulance staff and first aid instructors who are also qualified in paediatric first aid and teaching adult learners.
We use up to date information from the Resuscitation Council and ensure that the course fully meets the requirements for your workplace and any other regulatory body, such as OFSTED.
Our aim is to run interesting and informative courses which combine therapy and practical activities to empower professionals to feel confident and competent in their workplace.
If you’d like to know more about any of our first aid courses please contact us online or give us a call on 01273 702 496.
Also in this section
- First aid courses
- Baby and child
- Paediatric first aid course
- First aid for schools
- Emergency first aid at work
- Anaphylaxis and auto injector training
- Asthma Awareness Workshop
- CPR and AED training
- Buccal Midazolam and epilepsy awareness training
- Infant massage training
- Baby yoga instructor training
- Combined baby massage and yoga instructor training
- Toddler and pre-school yoga training
- In house courses
- Hand washing workshop