This 1 hour 15 minute workshop is ideal for anyone working or living with clients, staff, or children who suffer from asthma and is designed to teach participants to recognise signs and symptoms as well as administering an inhaler with or without an auto chamber (spacer).
Asthma awareness training in schools and nurseries gives you the confidence to do your job to the best of your ability and as we offer asthma training in Brighton, Hove, Sussex, Surrey, London, Kent and Essex, you're bound to find the right location to suit you. We also offer this course to parents and family members in your own home.
Who can come and where’s it held?
This course can be run for up to 16 people and held at a childcare venue that's located in Sussex, Surrey, Kent or London. Note: we can also provide a venue in Hove or Wimbledon.
What do I get?
You’ll receive full training by a registered nurse and health visitor as well as a certificate of attendance (current for 12 months) upon being able to competently administer an an inhaler.
What's covered within the course?
- What are allergies?
- How do they effect the body?
- The definition of asthma
- Triggering factors for asthma in children or adults
- Recognition of signs and symptoms associated with asthma
- First aid treatment/management plan for asthma
- Prevention of anaphylaxis in a child care setting
- Administration of inhalers.
More information about living with asthma can be found at Asthma UK.
What next? Further info, dates and bookings »
Also in this section
- Infant massage training
- Baby yoga instructor training
- Combined baby massage and yoga instructor training
- Toddler and pre-school yoga training
- Calmer Stories instructor training
- Tummy time instructor training
- CPD for baby massage, baby and toddler yoga instructors
- In house courses