Published: Tuesday 10 October 2017
For anyone who has seen a toddler yoga session take place, you will know that toddlers are natural little yoga people. Many of the adult yoga poses emulate what a toddler naturally does! Our classes are busy and are full of sensory and yoga-inspired ideas. In which case, it stands to reason that parent and toddler yoga is enhancing the toddler’s natural abilities - building and strengthening them. It also, therefore, brings the adult back to the inner child and back to the flexibility of the toddler; something we should all wish for!
In this post we focus on the benefits that make toddler yoga-inspired classes a great activity for the child. If you're thinking about learning to teach toddler yoga, take a look at the course details. We've dates coming up in a number of locations with other courses being added soon.
So what are the benefits of toddler yoga for children?
- Develops a feeling of being loved, respected and secure
- Can alleviate trapped wind and alleviate constipation
- Helps with bonding and attachment
- May reduce tantrums
- Promotes positive toddler handling
- Works with toddler natural movement
- Aids language
- Teaches positive loving touch and gentle movements
- Develops body, mind, awareness and coordination
- Helps to regulate and strengthen toddler's digestive and respiratory systems and stimulate circulatory and nervous systems
- Promotes relaxation
- Can help to reduce 'fussiness' and fractiousness and tantrums
- Improves quality of sleep
- Strengthens and tones muscles for movement
- Builds a lifelong pattern for exercising
- Offers opportunity for socialization in groups
- Aids and supports development
- Encourages mindfulness
- Boosts immunity
- Teaches routine and structure
- Encourages listening skills
- Encourages body awareness and coordination
- Increases confidence and self esteem
Our sensory and yoga-inspired programme is a great way of introducing young children (18 months to 3 years) to stretches, movements, stories, songs and sensory play and its many benefits. Our course weaves basic yoga-inspired poses and movements into songs, traditional and modern stories and sensory play making it fun and engaging for both toddlers and parents.
Our programme has a strong emphasis on child development as well as teaching key development and life skills through the movement, sensory play, story telling and songs. This course is designed with the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) in mind and can help to support language, communication and literacy though story telling and song, physical movement through yoga-inspired moves, mathematics through shapes and counting, understanding the world through sensory play and expressive arts and design through the fun, inspiring sensory and movement based classes.
With such amazing benefits, being able to teach toddler yoga to others is a great skill to have. Join us on one of our open courses and become a toddler yoga instructor.
Search archive by keyword...
- distance learning
- sleep support
- toddler yoga
- baby massage
- Student Spotlight
- infant massage
- baby yoga
- accident prevention
- child safety
- first aid
- paediatric first aid
- baby first aid
- Paediatric First Aid